Empiretech/dahua IPC-Color4k-T illuminator threshold/control?

kante

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a few IPC-COLOR4K-T cams to install in and around a business. Having a bit of trouble with the illuminator though for the outdoor cams.

Considering it's a business location, outdoor is pretty well lit at night, and the camera has no issues seeing details with the illuminator off. But the illuminator turns on at night regardless when I set it to auto. Ideally, I'd prefer the illuminators to come on in a situation like a power outage or too little light (POE switch is connected to NVR and UPS, which would allow for this use case) rather than being on all night. It attracts unnecessary attention. Is there a way to change the brightness threshold where the camera turns the lights on? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the lights are coming on, then the camera thinks there isn't enough light to produce an adequate image.

Are you running the cameras on auto/default settings? If so, motion is probably a blur and once you increase the shutter speed to eliminate blur, then more light would be needed.

Post a video sample of a vehicle or a person in motion at night.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what cameras they are as they're not Dahua branded but im guessing its the IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED, I have the 180 version and it doesnt have the ability to adjust the day/night switch threashold.

The TiOC version does, does it make a significant difference to when it switches? I don't think so.

As wittaj has suggested if the camera turns on the supplimentary lights then it needs to, to avoid motion blur etc etc, so if they're coming on they do not have enough light to get you a satisfactory image.

5 Series Full-Colour

1723340649284.png

TiOC 2.0 V4

1723340657220.png