EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-X 6mm lens focus…

Profits1

n3wb
Reaction score
I need a closer focus. It seems to be too far out for my needs, and I’m hoping it can be focused closer in.

My assumption is that I’ll need to scrape off the seal between the part with the writing and the part with the white label.

I’m expecting it will turn in and out. And I should probably re-seal it with black silicon sealant when I’m done, to avoid condensation collecting on the lens and ruining it. Am I going about this correctly?

Any pro tips, before I begin?

IMG_1406.jpegIMG_1407.jpeg
IMG_1408.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind these 1/1.2" sensor cameras have a very small focus "window" and you may not be able to turn it enough for a close focus.

Fixing focus on IPC-COLOR4K-X
I bought a refurbished IPC-COLOR4K-X from Andy last year and its focus was got great. Then for some reason it got worse over time. So I took it apart today and was able to fix the focus easily. 1. Take off front panel of camera to expose 4 screws. 2. Unscrew 4 screws to open camera case. 3...

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to do that with a couple of Hikvision cameras when they first came out. Whoever was dialing in the focus was doing a hit or miss job of it. However I was able to dial in the focus. Yes, I had to scrape off the "glue" they used to keep it from turning.

Last edited:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have no experience opening these cameras up, but make sure there isn't a set screw holding the lens in place in the threaded hole above the white label.