EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-X is an amazing weather cam

Reaction score
The turret still no news right now, has plan on it, but when can make it and work great need bit time, at least wait to June i think. Turret will not be as strong as this bullet one.
Do you think they will make a camera with the big sensor, but not all the features for the people that use their NVR for those features?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Strong moonlight makes this camera amazing.

(1/3 sec exposure time, as always)
Do you have a privacy screen around the back of that house? Is that why it looks as soft as it does, focus wise there? Very cool shot. Maybe when I get a PTZ or a varifocus I'll redeploy my Color4K-X like this, shooting over the lake at the cliffs etc. I agree, a full moon is nothing short of spectacular with these colour cameras.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The focus is indeed a little soft but that is not uncommon in my experience with Dahua's 4K cameras unfortunately. The low light also contributes a bit to the soft appearance, particularly on the far horizon.

Reaction score
Just make all the setting via its webpage if you not have a NVR, guys here use it with Blur IRIS are working very well.
Sorry, I meant to include 'at a lower cost' because it does need all the fancy stuff that required the cpu and software. I want the big sensor, but 12 $250 cameras is a big hunk of change.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to include 'at a lower cost' because it does need all the fancy stuff that required the cpu and software. I want the big sensor, but 12 $250 cameras is a big hunk of change.
This kind of super chips only use on some high end cams, maybe 2-3 years later the 1/1.2cmos will be normal.

Accretion

n3wb
Reaction score
Would this camera also support continuous video streaming? I intend on getting one that can do so to serve as a live weather cam to showcase weather-related events like snowstorms

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The focus is indeed a little soft but that is not uncommon in my experience with Dahua's 4K cameras unfortunately. The low light also contributes a bit to the soft appearance, particularly on the far horizon.
This is a really late followup, but I was able to fully fix the poor focus by taking the front off the camera and manually rotating the lens a bit to refocus it.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
@bp2008 For educational purpose, a YouTube video showing how you did it would be really great for the rest of us...
Whereas that's a great idea, I don't see it happening unless he buys another camera with the same problem as it would otherwise necessitate taking apart the camera he now has fixed and completely re-focusing it again. Simple adage if it ain't broke don't fix it holds true here. He could easily break it or lose focus and not be able to get it back again. Maybe someone else could show the process though if they have to do the same as I'm sure he's not the only one who knows how it's done.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a simple procedure. Many threads on it:

Fixing focus on IPC-COLOR4K-X
I bought a refurbished IPC-COLOR4K-X from Andy last year and its focus was got great. Then for some reason it got worse over time. So I took it apart today and was able to fix the focus easily. 1. Take off front panel of camera to expose 4 screws. 2. Unscrew 4 screws to open camera case. 3...

Successful change of 1/3" Dahua lens from 2.8mm to 25mm
So, like a lot of people who buy kits, I was initially concerned with seeing my entire property and surrounding area rather than focusing on the important areas. Having found this forum, I was quickly concerned that I had badly spent my money on cameras that weren't going to be able to help me...

Dahua Lens Replacement
Hi, I have a newly purchased Dahua IPC-HDW2431TP-AS-S2 camera and wanted to know if it is possible to change the lens from a 3.6mm to a 2.8mm. Basically, I am testing this Dahua camera to replace a Hikvision IPC-T120-D 2.8mm camera. The image quality on the Dahua is much better but...

This post was for a Hikvision, but the steps are pretty similar, it is a matter of taking off the cover, xacto knife scraping off the glue on the thread and turn in small increments and watch it on a screen.

2CD2387G2-LSU/LU Tear down and refocus (with pictures)
I recently purchased a 2CD2387G2 8MP ColorVu to replace a 2386G2 monitoring the driveway and front yard of my home. After conducting some side-by-side testing with the existing 2CD2386G2 I came to the conclusion the new 2CD2387G2 was not as well focused. Images from the 2CD2387G2 were...