EmpireTech PTZ4K45X-AI

Reaction score
I want to track vehicles coming and going along our driveway (mainly daytime if we are not home), which is ~1250ft long. Our house is about 1200ft from the service pole at our gate, where the camera would be mounted. I believe the PTZ4K45X would be my best option, and it would also solve the issue of lighting for the gravel road out in front of our house. Is this pretty much it... the best out there?

Also curious if the lighting would be causing any issues for drivers at night coming down our gravel road. I don't want to blind anyone and cause them to wreck.

The PTZ5A4K-25X is also of interest as it can identify at 885ft. Our cabin and pond are 400-600ft behind our house, and I'd like to be able to track anyone going and coming in that area.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The PTZ4K45X would be a good choice. The light would be no different than a floodlight.

The other one is 8MP on a sensor designed for 4MP so it will struggle without a lot of light.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree the 1st one is top of the line, buttt….

Illumination specs and DORI distances on just about every camera I’ve ever bought are shall we say, optimistic. DORI is typically closer to reality, useable IR however I always divide by 1/2

Even if they were valid, the Max IR distance is 820 ft and the DORI ID shows 1350ft.
(Forget about useable white lights past 200ft)

So while the camera may have the optics to see that far, you’re gonna run out of light without some supplemental off-camera light (IR or white)