Enabling AI functions, getting errors

dtav

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I keep getting the following error when trying to enable the AI functions on my new setup. I recently had them installed built upon my existing analog setup. I have five static analog cameras and one ip ptz.

The static cameras 5mp dahua with the light and alarms on them.

The ptz is an IP 8 megapixels 25 times zoom dahua

I have a eight channel DH-XVR7108HE-4K-I2 dvr

I'm trying to get the AI functions to work, one of the analog cameras to direct the ptz to point that way when there is movement. I have the basic motion sensor set up but I would like it to know the difference between a plant moving and a person. We live in quite a windy area and next to a road so it is quite hard to get the sensitivity correct for the area.

When I go to set the settings, I get an error that says I cannot use an IP channel switch function and an AI function at the same time.

Is there any way around this? I'm a bit disappointed that I've had this new system set up and installed but I cannot use all of the features.

Anyhow would be appreciated

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mixing IP cams in with Analog cams on an Analog DVR, will always cause features of the IP camera to not all be available. It will depend on the capability of the DVR.
If you want to use AI, then you need to purchase good IP cameras which include AI features and a good matching NVR.

dtav

n3wb
Reaction score
What would be our best solution at this point? We have mostly a coax cables and most of them go underground so we can't really easily install cat5. Is there a solution that we can get good quality cameras and a DVR and a ptz which which can run on analog?

I have looked at the ether over coax but I'm not sure about the lag that could appear with those

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am using some of the adapters to use coax for IP and the lag is no different than what is typical of an IP camera.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all

I keep getting the following error when trying to enable the AI functions on my new setup. I recently had them installed built upon my existing analog setup. I have five static analog cameras and one ip ptz.

The static cameras 5mp dahua with the light and alarms on them.

The ptz is an IP 8 megapixels 25 times zoom dahua

I have a eight channel DH-XVR7108HE-4K-I2 dvr

I'm trying to get the AI functions to work, one of the analog cameras to direct the ptz to point that way when there is movement. I have the basic motion sensor set up but I would like it to know the difference between a plant moving and a person. We live in quite a windy area and next to a road so it is quite hard to get the sensitivity correct for the area.

When I go to set the settings, I get an error that says I cannot use an IP channel switch function and an AI function at the same time.

Is there any way around this? I'm a bit disappointed that I've had this new system set up and installed but I cannot use all of the features.

Anyhow would be appreciated
I have a 7000 series XVR but its no longer got any analog cams attached.

If I recall once you enable the IP camera channel, AI functions no longer available for the analog channels....