Enabling AP mode on IP cam

Reaction score
I have this following vstar C7816 camera.

C7816WIP HD WIFI Waterproof IP Camera

Does anyone know how to to enable the AP mode of this camera.

The purpose is to communicate directly to the camera without the need of the router.

TIA

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and that looks bit complicated and I think I won't be able to do that.

However I have seen another video of Vstarcam f a diff model where they have shown how to enable the app mode between the camera and the Android app by pressing the reset button for 3 seconds on the camera while powering up.

I tried doing the same on my camera it did not work and I even posted it in the Vstarcam forums about but it and there has been no reply from them very poor support.

So I guess I will search more on this and if I get any update I will post here and in the meanwhile if anyone else knows more of it please do reply here would highly appreciate that.

Reaction score
Well I managed to fix the problem at least very near to it. What I did is i installed the windows application of the V star cam.

So the configuration now I have is..

I have my Windows laptop the Linksys router and the V star cam.

After installing the windows application I checked the settings and found out that there is is a section there which allows you to enter the SSID name and password of the router which I did and then the message came up on the screen that to disconnect the Ethernet wire from the camera as the camera will restart now.

So then I disconnected the wire and after the camera restarted it got connected wirelessly to the router and the windows application of the VStarcam was able to detect the camera.

It is working perfectly now on wireless and I guess the direct mode from the camera to the phone is not possible on this particular device as I don't see any setting of that.

I am also posting some screenshots here.

Another thing is the default Vstarcam app is still not able to detect the camera.

I am using the HSP2Pcam android app which has been amazing. It has almost all of the controls and has been able to access my camera no matter what the configuration has been just love this application.

20190930_211436.jpg

Attachments