Enabling Mic Connected to Audio In of NVR

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello.
I have connected a microphone to the Audio IN port, behind the nvr. But i cannot find any option in the web interface to enable it.. Also connected 3 ip cameras.

Listening also fails. At the record parameters of channel 1, just VIDEO is available, Video & Audio isnt..

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that.
The encoding is done on the cameras end; if you want to have audio on a camera, you need either a camera with integrated microphone, or a camera with audio input and connect the microphone to the camera.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what is the Audio in - out connection for at the back of the NVR? is it useless?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bi directional audio. You can "speak" from the NVR to any camera that has speaker or audio output.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply. I remember i had connected a Mic to the audio outputs at the back of dvr, but it seems like this is not the same on the NVR. Thanks for the help and fast reply !

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope, not the same. That is indeed how it works on DVRs, since the DVR will take the video feed+audio feed and encode it on a single stream. But with NVRs and IP cameras, the encoding is done by the camera, and it just sends a stream of 0s and 1s to the NVR.