ePOE PINOUT

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the pinout is of ePOE?
I have a 150m run with errors on pins 1 & 2 and was wondering if I can switch them around with another pair to save myself running a new cable.

Thanks.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I would guess that standard 568B, on both ends will work. Have you tried re-terminating each end? You mention "errors". What is the error, open, shorted or reversed?

Pins 1&2, assuming 568B, are the orange/white pair. Technically, pairs three, green/white, and four, brown/white, are unused in 568B so one of those could be substituted for the orange/white pair. You would be "out of spec" though.

If you've already lost a pair I'd consider re-wiring and use conduit to protect the cable this time.

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a cctv tester the tells me "cable sequence error" on 1,2 but not to sure what it means by that.
I switch the 1,2 with 7,8 on both ends but this caused the inbuilt poe in the NVR to short and shut off. So I'm assuming pairs 7,8 may actually be +, - .
It's a 152m cable run 9m high with a lot of turns, I'm really trying to avoid running it again.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Try re-terminating both ends of the cable. I'm not sure what "cable sequence error" means with whatever tester you're using. Did this cable ever work? If the NVR and camera are PoE compliant, use EIA/TIA specs, then pairs three and four should be unused. What brand camera and NVR?