EPOE & PTZ questions for road install

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've tried the search function on the forum for various combinations of words, haven't found answer so here goes. I have a 4 port EPOE switch, about to use with an older NVR5216-16P-4KS2. Not the 4ks2E. Does anybody know if this will work for long distances? Have it connected on my table and it functions..but saw a diagram on Dahua site that suggests it also needs 4KS2E NVR. 2nd question: Was wanting to buy & install a PTZ camera at 328 ft limit..thought it was just a simple CAT6 cable..but ran across posts & pictures showing a monstrous multicable specifically for PTZ. I don't need audio... Will a CAT6 cable run something like a SDCE245U-HNI at 328ft?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are connecting these cameras to the 4 Port EPOE Switch you should be fine, only data will be transferred between the NVR and EPOE switch at this time. You can also consider a PoE extender if you need additional power over long distances. Don't believe everything you see in terms of compatibility on the Dahua site, they only test with their own equipment and at times aren't open to saying that other setups (i.e. third party equipment) may be compatible as well. You'll find that more than one mount is compatible with a specific camera model even though Dahua only publishes / attests to only one specific compatible mount.

I've tried the search function on the forum for various combinations of words, haven't found answer so here goes. I have a 4 port EPOE switch, about to use with an older NVR5216-16P-4KS2. Not the 4ks2E. Does anybody know if this will work for long distances? Have it connected on my table and it functions..but saw a diagram on Dahua site that suggests it also needs 4KS2E NVR. 2nd question: Was wanting to buy & install a PTZ camera at 328 ft limit..thought it was just a simple CAT6 cable..but ran across posts & pictures showing a monstrous multicable specifically for PTZ. I don't need audio... Will a CAT6 cable run something like a SDCE245U-HNI at 328ft?