Erractic Behavior Changing Profiles via HTTP GET

Karson

n3wb
Reaction score
I am unable to achieve consistent results changing profiles via HTTP GET commands. There are a multitude of scattered examples online showing how to externally trigger profile changes, but none execute in a consistent manner. I've done a ^10.10.100.x in my allowed IP's on the webserver, so as to not have to worry about embedding credentials on my LAN environment.

See the attached video snippet of this behavior in action.

I intend to have the profiles configured in my commands as lock=2 status (hold), but in the video you'll notice I tried a multitude of HTTP commands to give as examples of the erratic behavior.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you getting ANY of the commands to work without using BI's port?
To send a HTTP command to change a P/T preset I have to use as an example
Code:
http://192.168.1.239:81/cam/Cam51/preset=2
If I leave the ":81" out it times out.

Karson

n3wb
Reaction score
@TonyR - that is because you're running BI on a non-standard HTTP port (81). My webserver is setup on port 80 (it's a baremetal setup, so no port conflicts on 80) for ease of access. HTTP by default is 80, so can be left out of the command.

I have a support email in, but waiting on acknowledgement. Like you, I'd expect the HTTP GET command to be an all or nothing type response. Instead, I have to cobble together the right sequence of profile #'s (1-3) in order for it to finally trigger, and even then, it's only for a split second.

I have searched the end of the Internet for alternative API calls to set profiles consistently, but am coming up empty :(

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR - that is because you're running BI on a non-standard HTTP port (81). My webserver is setup on port 80 (it's a baremetal setup, so no port conflicts on 80) for ease of access. HTTP by default is 80, so can be left out of the command.
Understood, makes sense since I know 80 is std. for HTTP and can be omitted if the default is in place.
I just have always used 81, 82, 8080, etc. so it didn't occur to me. DOH! :drool: