Erroneous Camera Resolution With AMDV8M8-H5 in IP Mode

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been running several different types of cameras on this XVR and have actually been mildly surprised at what it is capable of pulling off given its bandwidth and processing limitations. I've had as many as eight IP cameras simultaneously configured alongside four other 1080P analog cameras with success. Everything sets up according to the respective camera configurations except a couple of Wyze Cam v3s that are running RTSP firmware -- both the OEM Wyze RTSP Beta and the wz_mini_hacks version.

The respective RTSP streams/servers/codecs on these particular cameras are seen by Blue Iris, VLC and tinyCam as they are configured -- which is basically a hard-coded 1080p stream with built in bitrate and framerate limits, There are both hardwired PoE and wi-fi streams among these cameras and both types of streams exhibit the same issue of only being reported as QQVGA by the XVR. The actual video appears to still be 1080p at 20fps with a decent bitrate, but any setting changes applied by the XVR to correct what it's actually reporting aren't retained and revert back to QQVGA. Hell, the lowest Wyze Cam resolution for horrible bandwidth conditions is even 320p.

And I'm not interested in opinions about Wyze Cams. I know what they are and what they can and can't do. They work according to those capabilities on every platform I've tried including the AMDV8 to a certain extent. My question is about the NVR. It just doesn't correctly report (or acknowledge) the streams being provided in these cases - which are derived directly from the MRL v. being protocol interpreted as ONVIF v.x.y.z (or anything else) when adding them to the unit as IP devices.

Anyone care to take a stab at explaining this? Amcrest can't.

-- I've tossed this out for discussion in a couple of places without much in the way of results. Apologies if I've posted somewhere here about it already, too.