Error and Crash When Trying to View Clips

Lorick

n3wb
Reaction score
When I attempt to view clips with BI4 it crashes the program and shuts down. This is the error message I get when trying to view clips. This was a clean install, al previous versions were uninstalled and the new BI4 was installed and configured.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you haven't already done so, try this:

1) Shut down V4. If you're running it as a service, make sure you stop that service.
2) Delete the DB folder (default location is c:\blueiris\db)
3) Restart V4.

It'll rebuild the database when it starts. Once it's complete, try to play a recorded clip. This solved all of my issues.

Because V3 and V4 both use the same path to save the DB files, something goes awry. Deleting the DB files does no harm since V3 or V4 will automatically rebuild them on the first start. However, repair/regenerate or compact options from within BI does not solve this problem - only deleting the folder seems to work.

Then, make sure you remove any shortcuts to V3 (if you haven't uninstalled it). It's very easy to accidentally run V3 unintentionally (don't ask me how I know). Since both V3 and V4 use the same icon, it's very easy to get burned on that.

Good luck and report back!