European import tax when ordering from AliExpress?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just wonder if any member from EU-territory knows if there is any EU customs duty on IP cameras? I am not talking about VAT.
I learned that goods up to 150€ can be imported duty free (but not VAT free). AliExpress already includes VAT, so that is taken care of.

I actually talked to the customs office today, but they would need some special article number to tell me the percentage. Many electronics products (like smartphones or tablets) do not have any duty on them. Anyone here knows first hand if there is duty on IP cams?

linksmai

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably not. Hovewer, it may differ per country too. One time I was invoiced for "Import VAT" and the amount I paid is very accurate to what the VAT (21%) would be. As no VAT was prepaid for that shipment, I would say, no additional import duty was applied.

If the camera is available on Andy's Amazon DE store, you can also buy it via AliExpress. Just during the checkout choose to not apply VAT, pay and after order is confirmed DM Andy via AliExpress message board and ask to ship it from DE warehouse. Bought few times this way, all went well - no VATs, no other taxes.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the camera is available on Andy's Amazon DE store, you can also buy it via AliExpress. Just during the checkout choose to not apply VAT, pay and after order is confirmed DM Andy via AliExpress message board and ask to ship it from DE warehouse. Bought few times this way, all went well - no VATs, no other taxes.
Unfortunately, it isn't. Otherwise I would just order it from Germany directly.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you order direct from Andy via email you should have no problems.

If my orders arrive ok on “brexit island” I am sure he can ship to Germany no problem!