Expanding System / Upgrade NVR help (setup is form 2018)

dbldown768

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased the following set very log ago:

1 x ($279.99) LaView LV-KNT982A42W4 4MP zoom HD 8 Channel NVR PoE IP Security System, with 2pcs 4 MP (2688 x 1520) and 2pcs 2 MP (1920 x 1080) Bullet Camera (No HDD Included, Sold Separately)(Upgraded Cam)

The system works well. The NVR leaves things to be desired, but overall I guess for the most part things work. This purchase was back in 2018, so quite some time ago. Well i need to add more cameras to my house. The current NVR will hold up to 8, so i can expand by 4 more cameras. Having said that, i was wondering if there were any suggestions on just getting a new package deal that might have new NVR features? Or are there just suggestions on possible cameras to add to the system. I am not running blue iris (don't really plan too). I guess the bad part overall is i really dont review any of the tapes much. I can't really use the motion detection of the system because it goes off too much and because i haven't ever exposed the NVR to the internet. Instead i VPN in if i need to see the camera.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.