Export 2 video feeds to 1 video?

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible:
I have 2 cameras, one out front and one out back, time synced. Something happened and I need to export front and back and have them line up either side by side or switch from camera 1 to camera 2.

Is that possible?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not directly via Blue Iris's export functionality. You'd need to export them separately and them merge them using a video editor. ffmpeg could be used as an alternative to a full-blown video editor, to do the side-by-side or sequential encode, but you'd need to google for instructions since it is a command-line app and not the least bit user friendly.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm familiar with ffmpeg, I would need to convert to the same codec and then merge. I have the commands if anyone is interested. I was hoping that there was a built in though. I'll have to work on that when I have some time. Thank you!

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what has worked for me in my situation:

Single file:
Code:
ffmpeg -i source.mp4-r 60 -c:v libx264 -b:v 70000k -c:a aac -b:a 192k -movflags faststart destination.mp4
You can remove -b:v 70000k -c:a aac -b:a 192k if you want to keep the current bitrate and audio rate

Multiple files:
Code:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %G IN ('dir /b *.mp4') DO ffmpeg -i "%G" -map_metadata 0 -c:v libx264 -b:v 70000k -c:a aac -b:a 192k -movflags faststart "%~nG-new-.mp4"
To make a text file list of your videos that you want to merge/concat: (Run this in CMD not PowerShell)
Code:
(for %i in (*.mp4) do @echo file '%i') > mylist.txt
To Merge:
Code:
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt -c copy output.mp4