export small clips from recordings?

xunknownx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i helped someone set up some ds-2cd2032-i cameras for his liquor store and he wants to search and export clips from the recordings. so i know that all the videos get saved in the harddrive as 1GB files thats about 24 hours long. let say for example theres a theft that occured between 1:00 to 1:30. he would just want to search that time frame and export that to a file and give to the authorities.
as of right now, i dont see any options for doing that. hes using the ivms-4200 software, under remote playback, there is nothing. which is odd. the only way he can playback anything is if he goes to file -> open video file. and hes also not able to search by short time frames. so for example 11/20 1:00 to 11/20 1:30 would not work, however 11/19 to current will work. but again he only wants a short clip.

hope this makes sense. i REALLY need to get this to work for him. any help is much appreciated. thanks!

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with ivms-4200, so this will probably be of no help to you, but I'll say it anyway: if you login to the camera directly (you could make a user account on the camera for the store owner and make it so the account can't change any camera settings), you can do this directly from playback. In my very limited fiddling with ivms-4200 it is darn near instant as it moves around the timeline, and it is slower on the camera's playback finding actual footage, but the function you want is available directly on it. In play back you click the icon at the bottom right for video recording. You can then search by time, then it will show you all the clips that overlap that time, and you can download their raw video file directly to your hard drive, and play with something like VLC, which is free and very popular video playing software. This could be a workaround until somebody else gives you a better idea. Still using 4200 for most of what you want, but if you have specific footage you need downloaded you could do the approach I mention. I'd be shocked if 4200 doesn't support it, though!

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
There is definitely a function to export specific timeframes from ivms4200, I've just used it myself recently. I believe it is either in the remote playback screen, or manage devices>storage server>remote configuration. If you have any trouble I will confirm and get back to you.