External microphones for Dahua, Hikvision?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking at Dahua and Hikvision camera, and I was considering getting an external microphone. I've read the megathread from 2016 about the Microseven. I'm not sure the IPC-HDW4433C-A has a hookup for this external microphone.

Also, is it possible to only consume the audio stream from these cameras sometimes without the video stream? I realize I can just turn off the display on whatever I'm using, but I'd like to also decrease the bandwidth utilization on mobile device if I don't need the video.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there,

I can only speculate unless you can explain your configuration, NVR, Dome / Bullet Cameras etc Are they Hikvision?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I can only speculate unless you can explain your configuration, NVR, Dome / Bullet Cameras etc Are they Hikvision?
I don't actually have a camera yet, just looking for now. The one I'm considering is a Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

That camera has a built-in mic. its an old model.

see previous threads

Suggest that you look at a more recent model.

I had some success with DS-2CD4125FWD-IZ that records on the Hik NVR and streams audio to remote view terminal. choose the substream of the video to limit bandwidth utilisation or H265+ (only for Hikvision cameras + NVR)