External Mobile Viewing Sees Same Camera on Every Channel

cogitofire

n3wb
Reaction score
My problem is that my remote viewing app is seeing my new cube camera on every channel of my NVR but only when viewed remotely. While connected to wifi, each channel displays as it should, when not on the wifi I see the new camera on every channel.

I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/16P and I am running 10 cameras all connected directly to the NVR and they are running perfect. I recently purchased a hikvision wireless cube camera to use as a baby monitor. The model is DS-2CD2442FWD-IW. The cube camera is connected to my Wifi router and is not on the same subnet as the NVR. I have connected to the camera via SADP while connected via wired network, set up the wifi, disabled DHCP, lowered the resolution, manually configured port 11 on the NVR to use the wifi address, and everything locally runs just fine. Well, not motion detection but that is for another day.

The NVR sees the wifi camera as the 11th camera and I thought everything was good. After everything was set up, I added the camera to my IP Cam Viewer pro app (I have used the ivms-4500 mobile app with same results) and now every channel shows the new cube camera.

Things I have tried to fix the issue.
1. Changed the HTTP port on the cube camera and changed the settings on the NVR to match
2. Made sure port forwarding is headed to the NVR address (I know you hate it but I am using it for now)
3. Tried a second camera (set up the same with same results)
4. Google searched and searched on the forums with no luck
5. Removed channel 11 from app (1-10 still show the new cube camera)
6. I also disabled wifi and plugged the camera into the wifi router. Same results.

I am at a loss and can't think of what else to try. Any recommendations? Let me know if you need more info.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cogitofire

n3wb
Reaction score
After some more thinking, I realized that since everything worked local, it must have something to do with the fact that the WIFI camera is on my gateway device so when I connect via HTTP or RTSP, it is the only channel visible. I do not know the technical details, but my assumption is that the camera is streaming via http and rtsp before the ports are forwarded to the NVR. These are all just guesses but I followed the logic of changing the ports on the camera and used 81 for HTTP, 555 for RTSP, 443 for HTTPS, and 8003 for Server. I have not found any additional side effects but I imagine that there might be some. Overall, everything is working now both on wifi and from an external IP (like my phone using cellular date).

Next challenge will be to get the motion detection to work for this camera with the NVR. I can get continuous recording to work just fine but nothing happens with motion. I will update here when I figure it out so that the information is out there in case someone else needs it.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
log into the cube web gui and set up motion there and save it.(the green line) it will be continuous motion
worked in my set up, i have always started at the camera web gui to set up what i want the cameras to do the nvr then gets what the feed from the camera is and records 24/7 if i look back on the time line day is busy and at night small blocks where there is motion detected.