External web server interface - small bug w/ scrolling

guapo131

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I like to use the Blue Iris web interface to look at my events when I'm at work. I have 2 cams recording 24/7 with events marked. Up until last weekend the web interface was working well, but last weekend I installed a BI update and something changed in the web interface.

On the left side of the web interface screen, there is a list of events. When you click on the event, it brings up the video of that event and starts playing. This is all still good. But that list on the left automatically scrolls such that the clicked event is at the top of the window. This is annoying because I want to click an event, watch it for a few seconds, then click to a newer event, where newer events are ABOVE the last clicked event. But since the list auto-scrolls to have the clicked event be the top of the screen, then I have to scroll up to see the newer event, then click. The auto-scrolling of the list is what i consider a bug. It's a small bug, but it's annoying. It was fine the way it was before. Why change it. Can we change it back?

I found that you can use the up arrow, which helps, but i have 2 cameras and when I'm at work, I'm only interested in the events from camera A. I skip over camera B's events. The whole thing just requires a lot of scrolling. I do some programming myself for my job, and I would classify this as a bug.

Thanks,
Kyle

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is odd. I don't know why that would have changed, but indeed mine does the same if I use Internet Explorer. Other browsers behave fine.

I suggest you download my custom web UI (linked in my signature below). One of the old pages I include in there is called default2.htm which works basically the same as default.htm in Internet Explorer, but it doesn't have this scroll-top bug. You'll just need to update your bookmarks to point at the custom page. The zip file containing my custom pages also has a page called ui2.htm which is much better in other browsers, but not in Internet Explorer because I did not integrate the ActiveX plugin on that page.