EzViz CS-CV206 - Method to get around device being attached to account? (Will pay for resolution)

Cincinnati

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello forum - I swear I have searched for sometime before posting regarding my question - take it easy on me lol.

I purchased an used EZViz CS-CV206 off of Facebook Marketplace and the device has been attached to an account already therefore it appears I can not use the device what so ever because the device setup is through a terrible phone app requiring registration of the device. I assume the App uses a direct wifi connection to initially setup the device - but as of now there is no obvious way to interact with the device. It is not broadcasting a Wifi network (hidden or visible) and the USB connection appears to be nothing more than its means for power.

I am happy to pay someone $20us via paypal for the information I need to use this device as a standard IPCAM whether through different firmware or some other hack.

I have spent a while searching and have found nothing specific for this device.

Can anyone help?

TO be clear- (to my knowledge) THE DEVICE IS NOT BROADCASTING a wifi signal and even my linux machine does not recognize that a new device has been plugged in when connected via USB.

I dont know if this is allowed - mods please edit for compliance - but my email is paul(at)loveless.io and I can be reach via SMS at 513-341-8111

Thank you so much!

ErikSchorr

n3wb
Reaction score
None of the automatic methods worked for two of my five ezviz cameras (a Mini-O CV206 and a Husky CV210). I emailed Ezviz support and they gave me this helpful method to manually "pre-configure" the camera by putting the wifi info on the SD card. I know it's been a year since your question, but I hope by including this, other people searching for resolutions to the same issue will see how to bypass the app and configure the wifi parameters on the camera manually. Copied and pasted from their email:

Hello Erik,

Thank you for recently reaching out to EZVIZ Tech Team. We value your business.
We are following up with your recent request for support to reconnect the camera on the WiFi.
Please follow the below steps to configuring the camera to the Wi-Fi using SD card.
Please create a file as mentioned below on a notepad or word pad on a computer.
Please change the name of the file to "ezviz.txt".
The content should be

ssid:<SSID>
password:<PASSWORD>
type:<leave blank>

Don't include the brackets, and don't include anything after the type: line

Then power off the camera and remove the micro SD card from camera. Next, copy "ezviz.txt" to the micro SD card and make sure SD card is empty before transferring this file. Wait about 15 seconds after the file is saved, then eject the card from the computer and insert it to the camera.
Then power on the camera and wait for 5 mins let it configure itself. Once the WiFi is configured on the camera you will get blue flashing light on the camera then please go ahead and add the device on the app.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
None of the automatic methods worked for two of my five ezviz cameras (a Mini-O CV206 and a Husky CV210). I emailed Ezviz support and they gave me this helpful method to manually "pre-configure" the camera by putting the wifi info on the SD card. I know it's been a year since your question, but I hope by including this, other people searching for resolutions to the same issue will see how to bypass the app and configure the wifi parameters on the camera manually. Copied and pasted from their email:
Very useful information. Thanks for sharing!

reddog99

n3wb
Reaction score
I follow the steps that you received from Ezviz support and I was able to connect via cable from my router, and control the camera.
I follow next step and hope to add successfully the device but unfortunately I reach the same page where is a cellphone number and a Gmail address where the the device are registered..
If I unplug the cable is not possible to connect wireless even the said and password are writed on the SD card inserted on device.
Any idea to bypass the "cellphone number and a Gmail address " that not let me to add my cell phone number and my email address .

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m giving up with mine. It’s a matter of security adopted by Ezviz. After exchanging several “back-and-forth” emails with useless technical support, ended up using my “Ezpiss” as a magnetic paper clip. That was a couple of years ago. Promise myself to never buy an Ezviz again