EZviz DB1 issues

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

several months ago i took the plunge on a ezvizdb1 for a doorbell camera. Initially it was a bit quirky but overall pretty solid. fantastic daytime performance and nighttime performance was acceptable.
out of the gate i did notice issues with its motion detection. setting the alert area to 3 feet meant doing a jig right in front of it yielded no alerts or video captures, and then setting it to 6 feet meant it detected anything and everything between here and alpha centauri.

sadly the false positive rate seems to have sky rocketed as of late. at night time i get over 100 notifications per night. I think this is also causing issues with the SD card as well as the 256gb SD card appears to be filling up rather fast and then enters an error state with a "abnormal" reading. the only resoultion to this problem is to delete all of the logs, and then attempt a reformat. the reformat doesnt work unless i have deleted all of the logs first.

for the record i am running the latest EZviz db1 software and i do not have any additional NVR support to offload the video recording to.

i was wondering if anyone had any similar issues or had some advice on how to fix it? right now i am having to delete, daily, the logs so that when an event does happen i can actually watch it as it will continue to log activity even if it doesnt record the incident.

Philled82

n3wb
Reaction score
Not necessarily the cause of your problem, but the DB1 only officially supports 128gb SD card per their website.

I have the same one, but have not had this problem.