EZVIZ DB1 Not Recognizing Power Kit

LYNSKYN

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had an EZVIZ DB1 since 2020. Recently moved and installed at new house. Mechanical doorbell worked for a while, then stopped. Did all the steps to reset and it worked a couple of days, then stopped again. Emailed support and they said to try a 24VAC transformer. I installed that (24VAC 20VA) and no change). Then they said to measure across the leads of the power kit and if it was anything over 0 volts, the power kit was bad. Measured and got 0.44 volts AC. Asked them to send another power kit and they said they couldn't. Finally ordered a whole new doorbell on the $59.99 deal on Amazon. Symptoms did not change at all with the new unit.
When I go through setup, when I try to select Mechanical chime, I get this: "1. Mechanical chime need to add the white box, otherwise chime will not work. 2. Please make sure the white box is installed as instructions."
I have searched through the 101 thread but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas? I'm almost ready to go with a wireless chime but I'm kinda stubborn and would like to figure this out.
Thanks.

LYNSKYN

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot to mention - everything else works. Camera, notifications, etc. Just no mechanical chime as the power kit is not detected.