EZVIZ DB1 Smart Video is not recording on Hikvision NVR

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
My assumption was
1. EZVIZ is sister concern for Hikvision
2. Continous recording can be enabled on to a Hikvision NVR as the DB1 supports ONVIF protocol

So my issue is

The DB1 was added to the Hikvision NVR, can view through the ivMS 4500 APP, In the configuration setting also all seems fine. But weirdly when I go to playback. It says NO RECORD FILE. So not sure if anyone here was able to enable Continous recording on the Hikvision NVR using DB1 Video Door Bell

Pls see pics attached as well showing settings and the issue

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
My assumption was
2. Continous recording can be enabled on to a Hikvision NVR as the DB1 supports ONVIF protocol

So my issue is

The DB1 was added to the Hikvision NVR, can view through the ivMS 4500 APP, In the configuration setting also all seems fine. But weirdly when I go to playback. It says NO RECORD FILE. So not sure if anyone here was able to enable Continous recording on the Hikvision NVR using DB1 Video Door Bell

You can get more answers in this Thread: New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera
This Hikvision Doorbell is the same as RCA, LaView, Nelly's, etc. We are not aware of any ONVIF support for the EZVIZ, you can upgrade the firmware to LaView or Nelly's how has ONVIF Support, fyi See HIKVISION DOORBELL101 on page 69 for more info.

Ross83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
My assumption was

So my issue is

Hi, have you ended up sorting this out?

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, have you ended up sorting this out?
Yes and No

So yes in the sense that it can be synced in with an NVR only with the custom firmware shared here in this forum. No in the sense as once you do that and for any odd reason you have to reset the door bell you won't be able update it to

Ross83

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes and No

So yes in the sense that it can be synced in with an NVR only with the custom firmware shared here in this forum. No in the sense as once you do that and for any odd reason you have to reset the door bell you won't be able update it to
I havent yet started using my db1, only took it out of box to test it but i had no issue adding to my NVR.
Not sure of the recording functionality yet.

There was also a new firmware update.

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
I havent yet started using my db1, only took it out of box to test it but i had no issue adding to my NVR.
Not sure of the recording functionality yet.

There was also a new firmware update.
Yep adding is easy via ONVIF but won't record till you use the custom firmware posted here

Ross83

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep adding is easy via ONVIF but won't record till you use the custom firmware posted here
thanks for your help
i decided to not go with custom firmware, i got camera's overlooking front of house anyway , this is mainly to answer on phone

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for your help
i decided to not go with custom firmware, i got camera's overlooking front of house anyway , this is mainly to answer on phone
Good decision as that's what I ended up doing ....I have 3 cameras in the front so not really needed a 4th

Otherwise this door bell works really well