Ezviz - how to configure camers to use sub stream?

Arras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have Hikvision DS-2CD2020F-I cameras and DS-7616NI-E2 NVR.

First I bought cameras. My internet connection at home is quite poor (5Mb/s download, 0.5Mb/s Upload). Therefore, I set up VGA resolution first to check if everything works.
I was able to see online broadcast from every location. I configured Ezviz service. I added all cameras in Ezviz and was able to logon and see picture from all cameras.

Finally, I bought NVR last week. I configured NVR for constant recording. To have the best quality picture I change the Main Stream's resolution for HD (1920x1080, bitrate 4096Kbps and 15 fps. It all works perfect in my LAN.
However, there are problems when I want to connect to my cameras from internet. For sure my connection is too slow to broadcast HD stream. This is why i set up Sub stream as VGA.
I can change the default preview in iVMS-4200 software for Sub Stream. It works. But I don't have this software installed on every computer which I want to use for preview.
I want to use Ezviz services but when I try to do it there are errors and cameras go offline. It seems that Ezviz tries to broadcast Main stream and because of too slow connection something goes wrong. I can't find an option where I can change parameters default preview for Sub Stream in Ezviz.
Is it possible to configure Ezviz to connect to Sub Stream as default ?

Regards,
Arek

ferbulous

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, have you managed to configure eziviz to view substream so far?

Arras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Nope.
Unfortunatelly, I didn't find a solution.
I use iVMS-4200 on PC and iVMS-4500 on Android device. Both software work with substream without any problem even on my bad internet connection.

How to confiogure ezviz ? I don't know.

ferbulous

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, I actually tried IVMS 4500 but I couldn't get any video display. I probably need to configure it again properly this time
I recently bought DS-2CD3145F-I 4mp dome camera and ds 7108-sn
Had to change the video profile on the 4mp camera to basic only, otherwise I'm not getting 1080p/720p resolution detected on the NVR
Might need to get a more compatible NVR model for >4mp recording soon.