Face detection

emro

n3wb
Reaction score
I work in a company that has to take photos of the faces of customers who come in to create a personalized card in which they must be recognizable. I read the forum a bit and found it really full of useful information.
For now we managed the photo with a Logitech BCC950 videoconference webcam with the remote control to rotate the view and zoom to compensate for where the customer was positioned. Then the system directly recorded the photo on the database via the local computer. Unfortunately, Logitech no longer produces this type of webcam but our need has not changed.
I thought about a fixed IP camera but I couldn't point it directly at the face (to manage taller/shorter customers or perhaps further away). So I would like to ask you for advice on which product to address me for this need:
  • have the camera at an average height of the average customer's eyes so it cannot be too ugly or bulky
  • be able to zoom in on the face
  • be able to rotate the camera (remote control or commands via operator interface)
  • save the file locally

Thank you very much to all those who want to help me

2024-08-22_13-50.png

2024-08-22_13-51.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 for the camera and Blue Iris VMS on the PC.
The Amcrest is Wi-Fi or Ethernet, 1080p, pan/tilt ONVIF, 2 way audio and stream RTSP to VLC or Blue Iris.
It can store snapshots to the PC or a microSD card.
You can control it's pan (left/right) or tilt (up/down) from Blue Iris. It also can be digitally zoomed in/out from Blue Iris.
Without Blue Iris you can use the camera's embedded webGUI to perform the pan/tilt and snapshot functions but NOT the digital zoom.

If the Amcrest is too expensive or not available in Italy, consider the TP-LINK Tapo C-220. It has many similar features as the Amcrest and can also work with VLC or Blue Iris but it is only wireless.

emro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you
There can be many clients all at once so I can't remove and put back the memory card. I need to be able to access the file directly and control the camera through an API

emro

n3wb
Reaction score
This is great information, thanks!
I never see the APIs listed in the specs on the site, do you have it or know how to find the information?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Should you decide to use BI's API, attached is a PDF file for BI released on July 19, 2023 for v5.7.8.0. The HTTP commands are found under "Administration" => "HTTP Interface". Each version contains its own pertinent and updated "Help" file.

Attachments

emro

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to be able to launch API commands from my internal company software to point the camera. I was thinking of taking some screenshots directly from the RTSP video stream and then having the operator choose the best one from a choice of five photos.
Do you think PTZ control via HTTP API is quite fast?

Will the Amcrest IP2M-841 IP camera have enough quality for a crop?
Thanks

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
My 2 cents;

Use a DSLR or Mirrorless camera with a USB connection to the computer and Face detection software.
Most newer low-end professional cameras have live video over USB capability. Or a HDMI capture dongle.
IMO this will be far better quality image than an IP camera.

emro

n3wb
Reaction score
I am testing the "Amcrest IP2M-841" and the quality is not nearly enough. I probably need to put a webcam because a DSLR is too big and unprofessional to put on the secretary's desk.
Before we had something very minimal but with decent quality:

firefox_PxUsut7aUH.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Just get the latest New API, welcome to contact us to apply it, but this apply only for our customers and those who do big contribute to this community.

1724838654254.png

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Complete API for either CRUD or realtime TCP server listener documentation available upon registration and signing NDA at tpp.hikvision.com