Face Detection

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb when I get my door cameras I'll play around with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
@JFire,

I thought you had a camera with IVS ("smart detect"). And you were having problems making FD work.
Are you waiting for a second camera to continue working on FD?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 cameras with ivs but I was just playing with it. I was just hoping it'd be a better way to avoid false alerts. Right now tripwire is working well but car lights will still set it off. When I mount the cameras by my two doors I'll have them set to face detect.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
JFire,

FD for a camera mounted near a door may work semi-acceptably. Large face (lotsa pixels), with less background imagery for the camera to process and be distracted with.

Let us know how it goes.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didnt get any FD working outdoors, it seems like this is a feature for head height mounting near a door, im thinking connivence stores.. not as good as FD as I was hoping to see based off what phones/cameras can do.. I gave up when I realized it working at night outdoors at a distance was just not going to happen.

Ive been using line cross detection and other than a few giant sized moths have had no false triggers.. but even that needs enough area lit up at night to correctly detect the object before it crosses the line.

ps: Microsoft products are banished from my network :p

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr I've actually had a cat trigger my ld at night. It blended in so well color wise with the IR I barely noticed It except for the movement.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are these about as good as I'll get at night?

These are the snaps that are emailed. If I pull direct from nvr are they higher quality?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
JFire,

Under Setting, Camera, Encode you set the resolution.
Whatever resolution you use for encoding the main video stream will be the resolution for encoding the snapshot.
I'm encoding at 2034x1296. The snapshots I receive from the NVR are 350KB.
Conclusion: the snaps should have the same resolution.

However, for some reason the snaps sent to email by the camera are 38.3KB, and cover just the FD area (smaller area in snapshot)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
on another topic, jfire.. why is a 1/4 of your camera image a wall? are you expecting it to fall down or something? whats so interesting about it you want to watch it 24/7?

kick it out a lil bit, you can still see/capture anyone looking in those front windows without actually having the windows suck up so many pixels.. it'll give you a lil bit more road and sidewalk which is where activity actually happens.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
JFire,

Under Setting, Camera, Encode you set the resolution.
Whatever resolution you use for encoding the main video stream will be the resolution for encoding the snapshot.
I'm encoding at 2034x1296. The snapshots I receive from the NVR are 350KB.
Conclusion: the snaps should have the same resolution.

However, for some reason the snaps sent to email by the camera are 38.3KB, and cover just the FD area (smaller area in snapshot)
My pics are usually over 1 mb when emailed.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
on another topic, jfire.. why is a 1/4 of your camera image a wall? are you expecting it to fall down or something? whats so interesting about it you want to watch it 24/7?

kick it out a lil bit, you can still see/capture anyone looking in those front windows without actually having the windows suck up so many pixels.. it'll give you a lil bit more road and sidewalk which is where activity actually happens.
I plan on it. I'm going to put it on a junction box for a permanent installation.