"Failed to modify the settings" - on Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I got a new Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS camera. I loaded up the SADP tool.
I discovered the cam with the SADP tool and believe that I managed to activate the camera by setting the password.
However, I can't switch it to DHCP in order to get a real IP address. I get the error "Failed to modify the settings"

Model:
DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS
FW: V5.3 build 150630

Any help is appreciated.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar problem yesterday with a new 2cd2132. I noticed it shipped with default IP address 192.168.1.64 that seemed unusual. I kept getting a "failed to modify". Found that you have to use latest version of SADP tool which I downloaded. It sets up the camera a little different in so far as camera does not come with default password. You assign password initially.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Login via Internet Explorer rather than the SADP tool. Does sound like a password error.

You sure you have v5.3 and not v5.3.3 ?

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I actually have v5.3.3 Didn't see the last 3 before the build number. I am assuming this is the latest version for the US?

Meanwhile I got it to work with a combination of the tool and web browser. Switching to DHCP was not possible in the tool. But somehow I was able to manually give it a subnet IP, still getting the error but the cam took the IP. Then in the browser I was able to switch it over to DHCP.

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't get the camera connected to Wifi. Does anyone have some experience on how to switch it over?

-> the issue was the hidden MAC for the wireless adapter. I sued the MAC on the back of the unit for adding it to my MAC security in my AP. I had to disable MAC filtering in order to find out the cam's WiFi MAC.

Last edited by a moderator: