False alert

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - not sure if I can solve this. The neighbor has a new flood light pointing directly at my camera and he set his sensitivity level so low it comes on/off literally every 2-3 mins even if no human is detected

At 2:27:36 it sent an image to deep stack to analyze that put it as 60% person which you can't see in the video. The highlighted region was the black compost bin at the far end you see laying on the ground. This usually occurs right after the flood light comes on but I only get 1-2 alerts on this per week which is weird too, shouldn't I get far more alerts. How do I solve this?

Would this help? In Camera AI settings, I have +real time images set at the default of 0 - should I change that and what ms should I set it to?

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why not suddenly become very patriotic and hang a flag of your choice up at the other end away from your cam but close to his motion-activated light. :idk:

One of 2 things could happen: 1) with every little breeze, the flag moves and the light stays on all night and your cam is happy or 2) he gets the message and turns down the detector's sensitivity. :cool:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He doesn’t even live in this house so won’t care. All I can think of is increasing percentage in stack to 70%, but that will perhaps cause me to lose some valid alerts. Is there anything I should attempt for scene change setting? I have it to reset if there is a 50% scene change, perhaps move it to 30%?

Bruce_H

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He doesn’t even live in this house so won’t care. All I can think of is increasing percentage in stack to 70%, but that will perhaps cause me to lose some valid alerts. Is there anything I should attempt for scene change setting? I have it to reset if there is a 50% scene change, perhaps move it to 30%?
Can you reach the light and turn down the sensitivity a little bit discreetly?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BB gun? No, bad idea.
Lamps do burn out, so.......:wtf:
You might be able to 'adjust' the angle of the detector with a long extension pole. If the detector were pointed more towards the ground the range would be reduced. Unfortunately, bugs flying around motion detectors can be a real nuisance.

After a wind storm recently took out a phase on the transmission line I had a shorted triac in a motion light take out an AFCI.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may have mis-read what's occurring. I'm adding one more video to analyze for the last alert at 1:20:36

• flood light is on till :29 which means camera's IR light is off
  • at :37, I hear a click which I'm assuming is the IR light coming on
Does that have anything with the alert?

The alerts are showing ABD. I could perhaps just exclude the compost bin from zone B

1716985545981.png

1716985862170.png
1716985879292.png

1716985890273.png

1716985907532.png
1716985914388.png

Another option:
What if I turn off Begin analysis with motion leading image and then increase + real time-images from 0 to 2 (500ms). I'm assuming this will provide deepstack more images to see if it actually saw a person and detect more movement?