Favor Please?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would someone be so kind as to export a camera backup .reg file or a Blue Iris.reg file and see if the file has permissions assigned to it. I save all my BI backup.reg files in Dropbox and just noticed recently they weren't syncing (Dropbox won't sync a file without permissions assigned to it). I checked the parent folder and it has all the right permissions, but these saved files are not inheriting the folder's properties. I did extensive Dropbox troubleshooting last night and came to the realization that maybe it's a Blue Iris issue...or my system since I just updated Windows 10 to 1909 last month.

FYI, I'm on the latest BI version but this was happening prior to today's update. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

Last edited:

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello beepsilver, were you able to sync before Windows 10 updated?

As I've noticed over time that every time it updates, it seems to break components.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello beepsilver, were you able to sync before Windows 10 updated?

As I've noticed over time that every time it updates, it seems to break components.
I believe so, but not sure really--wasn't paying very close attention to Dropbox syncs.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may consider a reinstall in the future beepsilver, you can use the Microsoft Media Creation tool to make an installer for the latest version until they update it again.

And if you do decide on a reinstall, I'd advise you to look into using diskpart to Zero Fill Format the HDD for a really clean install as it will completely remove all data from the drive.