feed live stream to youtube live?

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW. I have a static WAN IP if it matters. I would like to send my live feed to youtube live so my friends can see my "bird nest cam." i wanted to use youtube to avoid people seeing my WAN IP. any help or suggestions are appreciated. if possible, is there a tutorial on how to send a cam feed to youtube? i simply want the feed available to friends, yet hide my stream IP.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW. I have a static WAN IP if it matters. I would like to send my live feed to youtube live so my friends can see my "bird nest cam." i wanted to use youtube to avoid people seeing my WAN IP. any help or suggestions are appreciated. if possible, is there a tutorial on how to send a cam feed to youtube? i simply want the feed available to friends, yet hide my stream IP.
I did it with ffmpeg in the command line in Windows, or with Blue Iris software. Not so simple to do but it can be done.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@GuiBou thanks. i was trying to find a somewhat user friendly version. i did see people mention software that would treat the ip cam as a USB cam, but i did not their success stories. why is this difficult? is it because youtube live will only accept certain feeds?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@GuiBou thanks. i was trying to find a somewhat user friendly version. i did see people mention software that would treat the ip cam as a USB cam, but i did not their success stories. why is this difficult? is it because youtube live will only accept certain feeds?
We have this new thing called google, that is just fantastic at finding out such information. :)

Introduction to live streaming - YouTube Help