few questions from noob

Przemek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi every1

First I want to thank you to everyone who shared their knowledge and experience on this site. Thanks to ipcamtalk I was able to solve number of problems (including multiple camera set up on my Synology NAS).

I have few questions and I would appreciate if someone could share their experience and answer them.

Q1. Is there any way to set up cameras to play recorded footage in lower resolution? The reason behind is my internet provider is only giving me 1Mbit/s upload which is no near enough to export the HD footage in 1:1 speed. If I am away and get the email alert about motion detection I can not play it back as it is taking about 10s to play 1 s of recording.

Q2. Is there any way to set the camera to record in continues mode but to be able to see only motion detentions on the red stripe of the recording in playback mode ?

Q3. All my cameras are dome style (I wish I found this forum earlier they would be all turret style with EXIR. Is there any way to adjust them so the motion detection is filtering bags and rain and such but still catches bigger objects ?

Q4. Can someone tell me the difference between import cameras and not import ones ? I mean the price difference is huge and the spec exactly the same so why not imports ? I need to buy 1 more additional camera and was thinking about this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hikvision-DS-2CD3345-I-4MP-EXIR-Turret-IR-IP66-Outdoor-POE-Dome-Camera-/112083185311?hash=item1a18adae9f:g:DG8AAOSwWnFV~RVB

Thanks for your help
Przemek

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.