Firmware update - Reboot loop CMIP3142W-28S

SLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a CMIP3142W-28S by LTS link (Hikvision equivalent DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS)

I have done a TFTP update directly to this camera to the latest firmware "IPC4_V5.4.0_160826" and the "System update completed!" successfully though the TFTP Server application for windows 8.1 x64.

The camera comes online and I am able to log in to the web gui at 192.0.0.64, and can also get my NVR (LTN8704-P4) to recognize a Plug-and-Play image stream. The connection with the camera lasts about 30 seconds before reboot. In this time I can make any changes I want to the camera.

The rebooting continues if I use PoE or 12VDC connection, so not a power issue.

I got the equipment from Milk, but I cannot call his office on a weekend. Last time I had this issue with another camera and asked them for support, the support guy gave up and wanted to RMA. Well, I told him the timing was not good for me, but I got that other camera working again by re-TFTP v5.4.0 until it finally stopped rebooting. Anyways I am several hours deep into trying to find the cause with my CMIP3142W-28S.

Thanks for any suggestions!

SLR

JoLynn

n3wb
Reaction score
Cant help with your problem but very interested in the responses to this question as I received a brand new DS-2DE4220IW-D last week with exactly the same boot loop symptoms. As this camera also had the tilt mechanism sticking on bits of broken plastic, (it may have been dropped, not by me!) it was replaced by the retailer so I did not attempt any firmware updates.

SLR

n3wb
Reaction score
I contacted tech support and they issued me an RMA for replacement. They were unable to solve the issue remotely.