Firmware upgrade on DS-7108N-SN/P..

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice from you experts on this forum.

I currently have a DS-7108N-SN/P which is and has been working fine so far for about 2 years, my old model for some reason the PoE ports failed to provide power to the cameras attached so I replaced it. It is running the following firmware and encoding version and I bought it from (i think Alibab or aliExpress - can't remember)

Firmware V3.0.13 build 150503
Encoding Version V5.0 build 150413

I wanted to provide my cameras with internet access, so that they would email me with any motion being detected but to be able to do this I would have to SSH to the NVR and set the following command.

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Questions.
1. I can't see how to enable SSH on the NVR, it was a check box on my previous NVR when connected via the browser but can't find it anywhere? Should the option be there?Do I have to upgrade the firmware on the NVR to see this option? If I try and connect, it gets refused!
2. I would like to upgrade the firmware on the NVR to a newer version but am worried that I may screw it up and don't have a backup of the existing firmware? Can I somehow copy the firmware that is currently installed on the NVR? I know I can export the settings but nothing in the configurations suggests that I can export the firmware?
3. When I access the NVR via the browser, the language option gives me English, Italian, French, Portugese and Spanish, does that mean I have a multi-language box and not a chinese firmware, even though the box came from china(assumption)? Does that mean I should update using the multi-language(europe) firmware? I'd like to be able to roll-back if anything does wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

kali24

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
i have a DS-7108N-F1 NVR but all in chinese.
Anybody can tell me or send me a firmware compatible for my NVR to see the menu in english, please.

Thks, Best Regards