First day here with an IP camera I'll probably throw away

DennisT

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for taking me onboard. Wife bought a LEFUN IP camera last year. 720 I believe it is. She wanted it to watch the pets in the house when we were out running around. No need for nation-wide access or fancy stuff. I got it out today and discovered that it's required app is apparently a pay-per-month requirement for this camera to work or be any good whatsoever. Being retired, we have to watch every penny. And camera would only be for occasional use. So unless someone on this forum knows different, I see this thing as a waste of money because we cannot afford another monthly payment for an occasional use device.
For what she wants, Bing comes to mind.
Anyway, I appreciate being here and will do some on-forum searches and read for a while. See what I can learn; maybe there's a better option.
Dennis

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Wifi one is not really a good choice for security camera. Normally we call it Toy cameras here.
Make some watching here, you will find some professional ones.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome . This camera gets recommended a lot here, specially for your situation. You can add SD card to it for free recording without subscription.