First setup

DyN11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all's.

I think I learned a lot of your ideas and advice here.
I took some time with the Dahua Project Design Tool for my need. Let me know what you think, thanks.
My home is located between a street and a river, the main access for vehicles is located at the rear of the building. Human access is located laterally, on the street side.
I compared for a PTZ, SD49225XA-HNR VS PTZ425DB-AT at EmpireTech from Andy.
I'm thinking of choosing auto tracking VS better night vision from the 2Mp PTZ.
If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate.
It's raining here, but I will provide exterior photos very soon to help you understand my needs...
Thanks again. Remy.

Home.jpg

Dahua Project Design Tool project:

Project Design Tool.jpg

Hardware setup, let me know if I made a mistake ;)
Test V1.jpg

Have a good day.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome, and sorry about the mosquitos.

Honestly, I would buy once, cry once and not go with either PTZ you have listed. PTZ-5A4M-25X would be a much better choice than the PTZ425DB-AT (I have one and night captures require a lot of light)

Do you have a need for a PTZ or are you just wanting a PTZ? They are a complement to a good system and should not be relied on by themselves.

DyN11

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I understand your argument very well, thank you.

This is why I am also looking at an SD49225XA-HNR for its better MP/sensor ratio.
I had simulated the best IVS zone for humans, and the 4MP version is the most efficient with twice as many pixels of course.
30% better compared to a 2MP at 112Ft, look at the image below. I also just looked at the new SD4A216DB-HNY, possibly the best of both worlds.

And yes, a PTZ would seem very useful to me for monitoring the area on the river side, especially when there is a risk of flooding several times a year.
The back area is open to the road, so if I can monitor that it's better for the neighborhood...

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 19-44-55 Project Design Tool.png

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that model has autotracking.