Foam Rings

reefcrazed

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 7 of the Hikvision dome cameras. I seem to constantly have issues with night glare. I have these mounted under my overhang which is vinyl siding. Would the siding be causing it? Will pointing them down help?

I also have another issue. I live in the South East U.S. and it is hot, really hot and humid. When i went to adjust these things, which are not that old, the foam rings stuck to the camera dome. The glue is all slimy and making a mess. I am really let down with the quality. Where can I get replacement rings?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

reefcrazed

n3wb
Reaction score
I loved the look of the domes, but I will never use them again, as they fail I am putting up turrets. As far as physical size and aesthetics are the turrets visually appealing?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I love the look of the domes, too. To me, the turrets aren't bad in the aesthetics department... not quite as nice as domes, but leaps and bounds better than bullets. Definitely something I can live with vs. having to deal with the dome's IR crap. I'm sure everyone's opinion differs when it comes to aesthetics. The Starlight varifocal turrets I have are a little bit larger than the one Hik dome that I have, but it's not a huge difference to me.