Foscam 9805 & Blinding Lights

BPet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have decided to turn all IR off on my cameras and increase lighting or replace some cameras with starlight models because I'm tired of the false triggers due to spiders and other bugs (Southeast Florida).

The issue that I'm having with a Foscam 9805 on my side yard is that I have some bright LED flood lights mounted 16" off of the ground on posts and these LED floods look like the Sun on my camera. I leave them on all night surrounding my backyard pool area to keep the Raccoons away from the pool.

Any way to adjust the Foscam or Blue Iris so that it does not look like the Sun landed in my backyard? I have adjusted the 5 color settings in the Foscam web interface, but it does not help. I tilted down the LED that was facing towards the camera, and that had little affect as well. Here is the Pic:
side yard.jpg

I appreciate any suggestions from the wise ipcamtalk members :)

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a ok picture. You can of course turn down contrast and lose much of the surrounding area. However the lens flare is not going away. Super high quality aspheric lenses will still star. I'd direct the spot lamp away or use a small object to shade camera from it, such as a belly of a garden gnome. One off the wall idea, since I'm only one here, is to interlace the light on and camera on times. It would take more controls and direct interface with the camera beyond scope of my knowledge.