Foscam configuration help?

Reaction score
I can see that these cameras are apparently beyon support but I thought I would try here. Bought 4 of these 10 or so years ago and it was always a pain to connect to them, requireing Internet explorer on my computers. Now even that won't connect so I can configure WIFI on a camera I am repurposing. Anyone know a way in a Windows 10 world to tie on to these things? FI9804W is the one in my hand right now.

Thanks!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You can't do it with edge. You need an older version of IE, then no problem. I use IE 11 for almost everything.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
  • Click Tools > Internet Options.
  • Click the Security tab > Custom Level.
  • Scroll down to ActiveX controls and plugins and click Enable for:
    • Run ActiveX controls and plugins
    • Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
  • Click OK to close the dialog boxes, and then restart Internet Explorer.
  • For Internet Explorer 9 and later, you must also disable ActiveXFiltering, if turned on.

Reaction score
Whole lot of can't reach this page messages when Bing doesn't do a search instead.
Tried 3 computers this time and made sure to reboot on the one that needed the "script" setting changed.
Glaring at the camera and threatening it with a landfill option was also ignored.
The camera still works hardwired to BlueIris and I can ping it from all computers as well.

Thanks for the help, I think I am going to reset this one and see if that helps and maybe try to connect one of the other old cameras in my pile-o-stuff.

If any other non nuclear options come to mind please let me know.

Cheers,
Rick

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you're working...also it can be hard to remember that most earlier Foscam's use 88 for the HTTP port, not the standard 80.

Reaction score
I lucked out and was able to find the original installation disk with their Camera search tool. After the reset it was able to display the ip and port. I have it up and running in it's new home already. Now what do I do with the others lol.