Foscam FI9805W - which upgrade first?

steven07

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have the cam model named above and the client says:
System Firmware Version 1.4.1.10
App Firmware Version 2.14.1.10

Now I'm not sure, which of the (too many... ) upgrades I have to install first, can anyone help please?

Thank you and best regards from Germany
Steven

steven07

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for the fast reply!
My problem is: I cannot see the video. I've connected the foscam using CAT6-Ethernet. When I'm logging in, I have a black screen with 4 chinese symbols on it. :sad2:
Do you know this problem? (see attachment...)

Thank you and best regards
Steven

You are very welcome.

You currently have the most recent firmware version for your camera, already installed in your camera:

http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Note: There was another firmware release for all the currently being sold Foscam H.264 based IP Camera models but that release has been pulled since and a new release is being worked on.

Secondly. There is a patch ("Interim fix between full firmware releases") that is available to fix an issue with no audio being included with RTSP video for all Foscam H.264 based IP Camera models on this firmware release, which you have. That can be installed here. Any patch can also be uninstalled without reinstalling the complete firmware release as well:

http://foscam.us/forum/official-patch-for-no-audio-with-rtsp-issue-here-t10575.html

Since you have the Foscam FI9805W IP Camera model. Which requires providing/using external audio devices. You might not need the patch. But other Foscam IP Camera owners that have indoor H.264 based Foscam IP Camera models which include built-in microphone/speaker might want it.

Don

Attachments

steven07

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a notebook with Win7. Following your advice I installed the Foscam viewer for Android on my Samsung S4 active. But there is the same error.. it finds the camera and then reports the error that the camera disconnects and tells me that I should check the device.. :(<br>Best regards<br>Steven