Foscam FI9900P sound issues.

2000w

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Based in the UK.

I’m in need of some advice, I have a Foscam FI9900P camera (its a new set-up), It’s connected to my router via Ethernet cable. I have added a microphone to the camera but like many others the sound is garbled and rubbish. Can anyone recommend a fix? Something other than the FOSCAM software/app, or working with the existing software?

I picked this camera up for security and documenting property damage, after trying over a half dozen other IP set ups etc. It’s needed for more than viewing, so cloud storage and notifications are required.

tito9

n3wb
Reaction score
i haven't problem with my microphone and i use foscam app ..sure is a bad microphone. Do you have try speak with app blue iris? i have problem only here, with a bluetooth speaker and the voice is bad, similar to robocop :(

Last edited:

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several foscams including two f19900s. Some of the cameras do what they are supposed to but I have one in particular which is a pain. With most microphones it gives a very loud hum or buzzing sound. I tried powered mics and various cheap mics and eventually I found one that was acceptable. Still some Background noise but not too much. Performance was not that brilliant so this week I tried the 20 quid Mic that foscam sell themselves in the UK. result - terrible. I then moved this new mic to another f19900 and it made a lot less noise... poor but usable. I think the noise is caused by cabling issues which is why it varies from camera to camera. I have just ordered a Ground Loop Noise Isolator and will see if that removes or at least improves the interference. For info the camera that behaves best is closest to the router and plugged to the same socket as the router. The camera that behaves worst is furthest from the router, Ethernet connected, but power from a different circuit.

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried a Ground Loop Noise Isolator and it made no difference on either Foscam, in fact the sound did not work at all. It could have been defective but was new. At this point I give up and for anyone with sound problems on Foscam I can only say try lots of different microphones til you find one that works. Cheaper seems to work better than expensive.