Foscam IP Camera issue

Spiros!!!

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I have 5 cameras installed and working at my house for last 10 years. Recently one of them stopped sending attached snaps in case of motion detection. It sends e-mail without any attached snap. I tried to fix it by hardware reset. After this action I proceed to install the camera back. The reinstalling was successful. I proceeded after this to setup the e-mail capability by "copy/paste" procedure of the others. When I finished I noticed that the smtp password in all other cameras is longer as it has 16 characters instead of 11 which is my e-mail account used (yahoo). All the parameters are correct except for the password which I don't know how they are 16 characters instead of the correct of 11. It's impossible to read them because of crypto so I stopped the procedure. In all other cameras the TEST procedure works perfect except for this one. It gives the error message "authentication failed (method LOGIN)". Can somebody help me? I don't know what to do. The camera 's type is FI9821P V2.
Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Won't the cam's webGUI allow you to type in the 11-character yahoo account password then save?
For browser if you can't use IE11 then try with either Chrome with IE tab, Edge with IE Tab or with Pale Moon 32 bit.

Spiros!!!

n3wb
Reaction score
Won't the cam's webGUI allow you to type in the 11-character yahoo account password then save?
For browser if you can't use IE11 then try with either Chrome with IE tab, Edge with IE Tab or with Pale Moon 32 bit.
Hi TonyR
It is allowed to type the correct password and save it. The problem is that thiw password (the correct one) is note recognised by the software that's why the error msg. It is a mystery for me how the password of 11 characters has extended toy 16 in all other cameras? Because of the * is impossible for me to read the 16 char. password.
Thanks a lot for help