Foscam R2 unable to zoom in Blue Iris

ChuckB

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 5 R2 Foscam IP cams, I have been very happy with them over the years.... however my two latest R2 cameras will not zoom in Blue Iris 5, the previous 3 I have had for a few years zoom works just fine.
I believe I have them all set the same...... anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Chuck

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you added the 2 new cams did you enter the IP, user/pass into BI and hit "Find/Inspect" ?

Foscam has monkeyed with ports over the last couple of years and/or firmware revisions from what I've heard.
The HTTP port in earlier versions is 88, not the standard 80.
I'd check to see which is appropriate for your new R2's by putting its IP into a browser and hit <enter>.
If the cam's webGUI does not open, try the IP again but this time add :88 at the end of the IP and hit <enter>.

Come back if no joy and we'll talk about scanning camera ports.

ChuckB

n3wb
Reaction score
When you added the 2 new cams did you enter the IP, user/pass into BI and hit "Find/Inspect" ?

Foscam has monkeyed with ports over the last couple of years and/or firmware revisions from what I've heard.
The HTTP port in earlier versions is 88, not the standard 80.
I'd check to see which is appropriate for your new R2's by putting its IP into a browser and hit <enter>.
If the cam's webGUI does not open, try the IP again but this time add :88 at the end of the IP and hit <enter>.

Come back if no joy and we'll talk about scanning camera ports.
No, I didn't hit find because... I have previously set the IP and specific port#. I can zoom with the + key on the key board, and return to normal with the esc. key. However with my other R2's when in full screen... I get a + sign and a - sign on the screen when I move the curser from right to left that I simply click on to zoom in and out with. I am wondering if the R2 cameras no longer have optical Zoom??? Looking at old literature, they had a minimum of 4-5x zoom. But I can't see why they would have changed that. Keep in mind, I am getting old, and memory is getting poor:(
Thanks, Chuck P.S Just realized I still get the + an - sign on the screen, but nothing happens when I left click on them.

Last edited: