Found a new feature on an old camera

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Heh.....I'm stumped. I have an old Hikvision DS-2DE7530IW-AE PTZ camera I have had for about 6 or 7 years. I took it down and took it apart today to clean the lenses inside and out and just make sure everything was in good order on it. When I pulled the Camera portion out of the housing, I noticed a small heater, 10 Watt, attached to the side of the camera body......which I never knew it had. I don't remember any controls on its web interface mentioning a heater. Looking back through the specification cut sheet, low and behold, it does say it has a 10 watt @ 12VDC heater in it. My question is: Hot do you turn this heater on and off? Can it be done manually? Does it have a built in thermistor or thermostat that controls it automatically? Any one have any experience with this? The camera has never really given me any problems all of the years it has been running.

Attachments

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
I have some Avigilon dome cameras, and they have a heater ring around the lens.
There's no options in settings to change it. I think the heater works as needed without giving the user any option to disable.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have some Avigilon dome cameras, and they have a heater ring around the lens.
There's no options in settings to change it. I think the heater works as needed without giving the user any option to disable.
I wondered if that was what they were doing with it. The user manuals don't even mention it. In fact, the only place I saw it mentioned was in the sales brochure. The heater looks brand new, though I doubt it gets very warm or warm enough to show any discoloration on it.