FREDI HD 1080P ptz - RTSP

ls1978

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought this camcorder FREDI HD 1080P ptz and installed it through the Yi IoT app, when it is connected to the internet it's fine, but I need to install it in a house where I don't have internet and I would like to use it with the recording in RTSP via Ispy or similar. I tried but I can not use TelNet or through VLC to interact with her, do any of you have ideas on how to go to be able to watch videos without being connected to the internet? I have seen that for other cams there are hacks to change the firmware or update the protocols but I cannot find anything for this cam. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I went to the site from your link, copied/pasted a few of the Q&A's from amazon customers in Google translate (Italiano to English) and discovered two significant and unfortunate things:

1) There is no RTSP available
2) Is not ONVIF compatible

For what it's worth, if an IP camera can provide a RTSP stream and you can find the correct URL, then you can likely view it on your LAN on a PC on that same LAN with VLC or other IP camera viewers....no Internet required.

I would return the camera if at all possible or sell it to someone who wants a wireless PTZ that can be viewed ONLY on a smartphone app using P2P. :idk: