Frequently Loosing Signal

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I actually have a buddy I helped install on a 2231 bullet that’s just a year old doing the same thing .. Odd....
UPDATE:
Well my buddy finally got around to doing what I asked him to do in the first place....

Take the camera down and plug it into the NVR with a short good 6ft cable overnight. - It worked fine :blankstare:
Then he replaced the connector and the 40ft of cable to it and it works fine. :blankstare:

Cable he replaced was all bent up and the connector looked like it had been soaking in salt water for a month :rolleyes:

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Glad he got that worked out. I am not sure I have the same issue, though. The reason I am saying that is because my camera also didn't work when I used a short (~3ft) cable connected to the switch. I is not very likely, though not impossible, that both my PoE switch AND my new non-PoE switch + PoE injector have a problem. If so, then the problem is most likely my router (kind of doubt that), my PC or the cam. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Point is well taken. Move the camera as close to the computer as you can (could even directly connect it to an Ethernet port on the computer).

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Glad he got that worked out. I am not sure I have the same issue, though. The reason I am saying that is because my camera also didn't work when I used a short (~3ft) cable connected to the switch. I is not very likely, though not impossible, that both my PoE switch AND my new non-PoE switch + PoE injector have a problem. If so, then the problem is most likely my router (kind of doubt that), my PC or the cam. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Point is well taken. Move the camera as close to the computer as you can (could even directly connect it to an Ethernet port on the computer).
I’ve had SD cards cause random los and reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good to keep in mind but I didn't use and SD card.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Well my buddy finally got around to doing what I asked him to do in the first place....

Take the camera down and plug it into the NVR with a short good 6ft cable overnight. - It worked fine :blankstare:
Then he replaced the connector and the 40ft of cable to it and it works fine. :blankstare:

Cable he replaced was all bent up and the connector looked like it had been soaking in salt water for a month :rolleyes:
He's lucky the female jack, wasn't all "jacked up" as well. ;)

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some good news. I returned the camera and got a replacement yesterday. I connected it to my PoE switch, went to IE and set up the camera which was quick, similar to the HikVision. On a couple of occasions it said the changed could not be saved but they actually were saved. I let it run for a while, which btw also worked in IE. Since everything looked good I again replaced one of my HikVision cams with this one. I just quickly reviewed several hours of videos and there didn't seem to be any connection loss. The only think I saw is that as it got darker the camera 'flashed' for about half an hour or so. First I though it might have the the IR LEDs turning on and off. But I think the IR LEDs actually didn't come on until all my landscaping lights turned off at which point the wall got brightly illuminated by the IR LEDs. Anyways, it works so far so probably the first camera I got was bad.