fresh meat

cam5679

n3wb
Reaction score
After researching this forum for weeks I finally pulled the trigger on my first surveillance system. I ordered 4x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and a NVR4208-8P-4KS2.
I chose the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE based on all the positive reviews on it as well as its predecessor, the IPC-HDW5231R-Z. I am aware of the low chance of getting the lens focus issue but I am not concerned because I ordered my gear from @EMPIRETECANDY and he has taken care of those that have had this issue, or any other issues for that matter.

I'm looking for some suggestions here. I would like to spray paint these to match my dark brown soffits but before I do that I would like to burn them in for a week to make sure there are no issues and have to send them back. I'm thinking for the burn in period I can attach a metal plate to the mounting base and use a magnet on the top side of the soffit to hold the camera in place. The magnets I will be using are rated for 22lbs.

Thoughts?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent choice going with Dahua, Andy and that combo you came up with! I had some concerns as well but this forum and the vast info here has helped immensely. It may take some time, tweaking etc. but you'll be happy if you have some patience. (My wife is not pleased :mad: that I ditched our dropcams, "They were easy" she said.) She has came around a little.

as far as the magnets are concerned. Sounds like a cool idea but I wonder if they would mess with the mechanical IR or motorized zoom?

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You’ve ordered the exact same setup I got from Andy earlier this year! You won’t be disappointed!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

cam5679

n3wb
Reaction score
8ft 2x4, 5gal bucket and rocks make a good portable test stand.
I kinda want them to be set up in their predetermined locations so if I need to make any minor adjustments, I can. I also want to leave them outside during the burn in. If I have them set up on 2x4's I might come out the next morning to find only the buckets of gravel :(

Excellent choice going with Dahua, Andy and that combo you came up with! I had some concerns as well but this forum and the vast info here has helped immensely. It may take some time, tweaking etc. but you'll be happy if you have some patience. (My wife is not pleased :mad: that I ditched our dropcams, "They were easy" she said.) She has came around a little.

as far as the magnets are concerned. Sounds like a cool idea but I wonder if they would mess with the mechanical IR or motorized zoom?
This will be a big upgrade from my WYZE cam. The wife doesn't even know about this yet, part of the reason I want them to blend in with the soffits. ;)
I never thought of that possible interference with the magnets. I'll have to play around with it indoors to see.

Thanks everyone!