Front door camera

Michaels

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just installed a 7608NI-K2 and two cameras and need recomendations for my next one. I want something at the front door to get good facial imaging. The view with nobody there is a hedge and a busy road so there's a fair amount of backlighting behind anyone. It doesn't need to do motion detection as anyone approaching triggers something else first so I already have an event for everyone who approaches the front door. We have a small porch so the camera will be sheltered but I want it mounted near enough head height to get the best picture. Reasonably discrete and robust would be good too.

I'll probably mount one at the back door too but that would be on an outside wall so I might settle for something inside the house instead.

It was always my plan to do this but I've been spurred on by the fact that within a couple of weeks from power on I've captured footage of someone trying to break in to my house. They got spotted trying others and were caught, my video has been copied as identifcation evidence. The video is clear enough for the police but if I'd had the door camera installed it would have been perfect!

Thanks in advance

Michael