FTP Images Out of Hikvision NVR Camera

Starstreak

n3wb
Reaction score
Our neighbourhood watch NVR Camera (DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P) records images of cars going past every day. It does this pretty well and the images are stored in an onboard microSD card.

Although iVMS-4200 only sees 140 pages at a time (search constraint) there must be over 10,000 images added to the camera daily.

I can search for a registration number or place one on a blacklist or whitelist etc. which is great.

I want to keep the images, but I can't copy every file across unless I do it page by page which is a pain.

There also seems to be a limit to the number of records that can be stored and I don't see a way of changing it. This means that only 10 days of images are kept.

What I would like to do is to FTP across the images and associated .csv file across to a PC before it gets overwritten. How would I do that?

Either that, or find a way to increase the storage space used on the SD card. The settings where you can change the ratio of video to picture space seems not to have any effect. In fact if you allocate more to video, the space is given to pictures (must be a bug with the variables swapped around?).