Full time Rear View Trailer Cam Suggestions

Reaction score
Im trying this in the Dash Cam forum, seems closest to my question.

We tow a 22' trailer and I have a relatively inexpensive rear view wireless camera mounted top center so I can see what's behind me and whether any cars are about ready to pass while I"m changing lanes, it provides a good sense of awareness. The problem is that the cam has lousy night vision: lots of blooming from headlights and a very high background level of light on the small 5" monitor even though brightness and contrast are both at their lowest settings. I end up unplugging it on darker roads to reduce cockpit lighting and improve vision where it's needed outside. I'm pretty spoiled I guess with the Dahua cameras I have at home.

Has anyone found a good camera for full time night driving use? Online I've seen mention of Furrion, Garmin, Haloview, etc. but can't find any decent reviews of night use except to point out that the IR lighting works well while backing up, which is not what I'm focused on.

Alternatively, maybe a wireless security cam with good weatherproofing, along with a wireless 5" or 7" monitor, but I'm not familiar with what this would require in the way of wireless (wifi or bluetooth?) would require.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!