Garbage - Part 2

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Again, they did the hole street.... WTF!?!

This shit is annoying!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
go fill a rubbish bin to the top with water and add a bunch of red clothes dye.. they should bounce off it like its a brick wall and if they dont there clothes/shoes/backpack will be ruined..
just wake up early enough to take it off the street for the poor trash-men and put the real trash out.

You could stick something like this to the underside of the lid but dont scare the shit out of ur tashman: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S5NJOE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This would be a good little Arduino project; a vibration sensor, loud alarm, wireless notification, and timer to disable in the morning so the truck dont set it off.. screw a little project box to the backside of a can, powered by batteries and turned on one day a week while on the curb... totally geeking out here.

Or just wake up early and dont leave the trash on the curb overnight; I am lucky my trash man dont come until long after Ive awaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
This is another reason why I like my ptz- it can be aimed tight to different spots that become problematic. It's not something everyone can get into as they are expensive, especially IP cameras. But that one camera you have on your driveway will never solve it- only see it unfortunately. That's why a lot of people who figure they have things covered begin to realize that just seeing isn't enough, and then they put more cameras in line. Good luck getting the 'dirty' bastards.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I once had some idiot (probably drunk) hit my dumpster with his car at about 11pm (we don't have sidewalks here). Trash everywhere.

Didn't get a recording of it since I wasn't doing 24/7 recordings yet and I block out the road from motion detection to prevent spam.

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I also block the street and sidewalk. I duplicated the cam and do a 1fps recording in 12h, so if something happen I can alway go see. :)

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was this the first and only time these punk ass kids did this m8?

WTF is happening to modern day parenting? My mother was very respectable. If I pulled shit like this or even hung around trash like this my mother would introduce me to what causes the color red.

Tiger

No5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a neighbour and his friends (while not destructive) have made stupid gestures at my cams over the years; His GF as of today too.

While this homeowner has asked me twice in 2 years to help him out (vehicle vandalising/residential break-in..plus the police too asking for same footage), my patience is wanning. Most likely not anymore going forward based on what I've seen.

This is not a joke.

When people know you have cams, they do stupid things expecting a reaction.

Last edited:

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My front cam is not really visible from the street. Also, they did the whole street (+/- 350m), not just my house.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Makes we wonder if its feasible to do a stake-out (with a friend of course) inside a vehicle parked across the street and try to figure out where these kids might live, etc. Does your camera motion detect this activity at that distance? If it does, it would be much easier to identify if these kids use this sidewalk on a frequent basis. It looks like you live on a busy street. Is there some type of food mart, 7-Eleven, etc., that these kids might be heading to? Places like that typically have video and could help the local Police in identifying these guys.

Tiger